Boluwaji Faseyi, Akure
Ondo State police command has said that inferno which gutted the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) head office in Akure, Ondo State capital was caused by a faulty electrical connection.
This was disclosed by the state Commissioner of Police, Bolaji Salami, while addressing the journalists on Monday
Salami said the cause of the inferno was revealed following investigations by the Federal Fire Service.
WesternLifeNews had reported that the fire outbreak occurred on Thursday, September 10 and destroyed card readers and vital documents.
Meanwhile, the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) of INEC in the state, Rufus Akeju told newsmen that the inferno could have been worse, but for the prompt response of the men of the Ondo State Fire Service, Federal Fire Service, and fire service officials from Ilesa, Osun State.