…Commends members for their resilience, urging them to embark on serious mobilisation
The Zenith Labour Party, Oyo State chapter, for the umpteenth time called on Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde to fulfill the terms of the gentleman agreement he reached with the party before the 2019 governorship election.
This, among others, is contained in the communiqué issued at the end of the meeting of its Oyo South Senatorial District held on Tuesday, at the party secretariat in Ibadan, the state capital.
The communiqué which was read by the state Secretary of the party, Mr. Bimbo Adepoju however passed a vote of confidence on its national leader, High Chief Rasheed Adewolu Ladoja for his continued support for the Party and members.
Mr Adepoju added that the party appreciated the contributions of its leaders, members and party’s candidates in 2019 general election, who joined other to work for the victory of Governor Makinde in the 2019 governorship election in Oyo State.
Meanwhile the party noted the achievement of Governor Makinde in respect of the regular payment of workers salaries but reminded him on the need to do more in other areas.
On future elections, Adepoju enjoined members of the ZLP to remain focus and increase their mobilisation efforts, geared towards bringing more people into the party, adding that the party is open to every interested person who wants to use its platform to contest future elections.
The communiqué also stated the party’s solidarity with the Ondo State deputy governor and candidate of the ZLP in Ondo State governorship election, Mr. Agboola Ajayi and wish him a resounding victory at the polls coming up on October 10, 2020.
Earlier, the chairman of the party in Oyo state, Comrade Wole Abisoye told the meeting that the party presently is going through restructuring ahead of future elections, stating that party offices are being open in various local governments.
Abisoye who assured members of the prospect of the party, commended them for their unalloyed loyalty despite current situation, and urged them to continue remain with the party and committed to its ideal.
Abisoye lampooned Governor Makinde for not consider the party for any political appointment despite its members sacrifice toward the governor’s victory at the 2019 governorship poll, but however said they were not disappointed in governor action.
He informed the meeting that the some members who have left after the last general election have been in touch with the leadership of the party, over their intention to return to ZLP.
In his own remarks, the party’s governorship candidate in the 2019 general elections, Chief Sarafa Alli, who delivered the goodwill message from Senator Ladoja to the meeting, preached love among members and urged them to embark on serious mobilisation.
This according to him, would place them in good advantage as members from other political parties are likely to join the party soon.
Alli told the meetings of the party good standing in the pecking order of political parties in Oyo state, stressing three political parties namely APC, PDP and ZLP exist presently in Oyo State.
Highlight of the meeting was the update information on party activities, given by various leaders in each local government from the senatorial district.
Other notable leaders present are Mr. Remi Olajide (ROCO), and Hon. Kamil Adegoke Omotoso, the party’s candidates for Oyo South Senatorial District and state house of assembly for Ibadan North, respectively.
Read full communiqué:
- The Party hopes the Governor will still have it in his heart to fulfill the terms of the gentleman agreement which birthed his government.
- Members pledge their unflinching loyalty and support to our National Leader, The Osi Olubadan of Ibadanland, High Chief Rasheed Adewolu Ladoja for his continue support for the Party and its members.
- We appreciate the leaders and members of the Party, especially our candidates in the last general election who were still in the Party as well as all others, who we jointly worked for the Peoples Democratic Party to win the governorship election in Oyo State.
- The Party commends the achievement of the Governor on the payment of workers salaries but note that governance is not only about payment of salaries. There is barely a State in Nigeria today that does not pay salaries.
- The Party enjoined members to remain steadfast and continue to build on our strength. The Party is open to every interested person in the State not minding their ambition. We offer and open playing field.
- We stand in solidarity with the governorship candidate of the Zenith Labour Party in Ondo State H.E Agboola Ajayi, we pray for his success in the election.
- We appreciate the role of Party’s leadership at the National, State and Local government levels for their efforts in seen that our Party ZLP became one of the 18 recognized Registered Political Parties in Nigeria.
- Finally, wishing our National Leader High Chief Rasheed Adewolu Ladoja Happy Birthday in Advance.